Chicken Sweet Potato Curry
4 boneless, skinless breast halves (I’ve used thighs/legs, too)
1 small onion, chopped
1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, cubed
2/3 cup orange or pineapple juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup (or more as needed) chicken broth
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 tsp curry powder
2 Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp cold water
Rice (I use this recipe.)
Sliced Green Onions
1. Place chicken in slow cooker. Cover with onions and sweet potatoes.
2. Combine juice, garlic, broth, salt, pepper, and curry powder, and pour over chicken.
3. Cover and cook on Low 5-6 hours.
4. Remove chicken and vegetables and keep warm.
5. Turn slow cooker on High. Dissolve cornstarch in cold water. Stir into sauce in slow cooker. Cover. Cook on High, 15-20 min.
6. Serve chicken and sauce over rice. Sprinkle with your choice of toppings.
Visit Slow Cooking Thursday for more great recipes!