We often order bulk produce from our co-op, such as oranges or onions that come in those mesh bags. I really didn’t like having to just throw them away- it seemed so wasteful! So, I decided to make them into dish scrubbers! They’ve worked out quite well. Plus, I’ve saved money not having to buy dish scrubbers.
- First, cut off the paper label from one end, so you are left with only the mesh.
- Then fold the mesh in overlapping thirds to make a square.
- Fold the mesh again in overlapping thirds to make a tall, thin rectangle.
- Fold the top and bottom edges into overlapping thirds to form a smaller rectangle.
- Place a rubber band or tie around the middle to hold it all together. It’s complete!