My friend Kendra at Heath Happenings, tagged me! I am supposed to share six random things about myself and then tag six people to do the same.
1. I have a semi-permanent square “Teva Tan” on the tops of my feet. (The only tan I ever get!) I wear my ten-year-old Teva sandals everywhere in the summer (even church), and Calvin calls me his “Teva Babe.” (Is that one thing or two?) I love these shoes! (Oh, and mine have pretty flowers on them, but I think that pattern has been discontinued.)
2. My favorite ice creams are Tillamook White Licorice, and Green Tea ice cream from Asian restaurants. I have always been fascinated by Neapolitan, though; it seems like the perfect “compromise” ice cream. Anything banana-flavored is disgusting.
3. I have always wanted to have a Waterbirth. But I have placed the dream of pregnancy and birth in God’s hands, and am content, even if it doesn’t happen. (But sometimes I have to make sure I leave that dream in God’s hands, and not take it back and mull over it.) By the way, I always wanted to adopt, too, and I’m so glad God has fulfilled that dream for us!
4. I love embroidery, but rarely work on it. As a wedding gift for Calvin, I embroidered us pillowcases with our wedding date and the quote “Henceforth, there will be such a oneness between us, that when one weeps, the other will taste salt.”
5. I visit our library website at least once a day. I have stacks of library books filling our living room at all times. I am continually learning something new!
6. I have always dreamed of writing a book. I have it basically outlined in my head, and occasionally, Calvin and I will chat about it. The publishing process baffles me, though.
So, the six people I am tagging are: