Amy at Clothesline Alley tagged me for the “Seven Things About You” meme awhile ago. So, I thought I’d play along.
1. Post the rules on your blog
2. Write 7 random things about yourself
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post
4. If you’re tagged, DO IT and pass on the tag
- I have never had a pedicure. The lady who did my manicure for my wedding had a very full schedule, and could not fit me in for a pedicure. I’ve never pursued one since, although, from the pleasant reviews I’ve heard from others, it does sound like a delightful experience. (I have not had a manicure since the wedding, either.)
- When I am in the car, I am constantly trying to make words out of the letters on other cars’ license plates. Some perfectionistic area of my brain gets frazzled when no word comes to mind. My brain just seems to want all letters to be “organized” into words!
- When I was in grade school, I used to ride my bicycle around the neighborhood on Saturday mornings to visit garage sales. I regularly purchased record albums by my (then) favorite group: The Beach Boys!
- I did a lot of backpacking/hiking trips while in high school, including Mt. Marathon, Resurrection Trail, and the Swan Lake Canoe System, among others. I have missed backpacking, and Calvin and I have dreamed of hiking the Oregon Coast Trail and/or the Olympic Peninsula together someday. (Our recent trip was quite enjoyable!)
- During my preteen years, I used to snitch my mom’s carefully cut out squares of quilting fabric to hand stitch tiny clothes for my set of Quints dolls. Then I would play elaborate sagas with them for hours, in the dollhouse my parents had made for me.
- My favorite “junk food splurge” (yes, I actually have one), has always been “gummi bear” candies on long road trips. I was recently thrilled to find out that Edward & Sons Trading Company offers gluten-free gummi bears in their “Let’s Do Organic” product line, so I may try searching for them before our next trip. (As an added bonus, they don’t have any artificial flavors or colors!)
- I once did target practice at my in-laws’ (borrowing their gun), and shot down a whole row of old tomatoes. (Calvin says it’s ok to mention that he missed them.) I guess I’m prepared if the Attack of Killer Tomatoes reaches the woods of the Northwest (just tell them to line up, first).