A relaxing summertime pleasure at the end of a hot day is a pampering foot soak! I especially appreciated this treat as a pregnant mama last year for my tired feet when we had incredibly hot weather.
Choose natural ingredients, which provide healing, nourishing benefits, instead of chemical-filled “bath & beauty” products.
You don’t need an expensive trip to a salon or a wide variety of cosmetics. A small amount of sea salts and essential oils can provide an inexpensive and delightful “at home spa” experience.
Natural Foot Soak
- Fill a basin with warm water.
- Add 1/2 cup Epsom Salts or Dead Sea Salts, and allow to dissolve
- Dash in a few drops of essential oils (peppermint, tea tree, and lavender can be especially refreshing).
- Make sure to grab a tall glass of cold water (add a sprig of mint or a slice of lemon!) to sip on while your feet are soaking, and then immerse your feet in the basin and relax!
- If you want a bit of exfoliating, use a natural Ayate Washcloth.
- When you are finished soaking (about 15-20 min), pat feet dry with a fluffy towel, and massage feet and legs gently. (This is a great “date night at home” activity to do together!)
- With the massage, rub in a homemade soothing moisturizing balm, or pure shea butter or cocoa butter.
(I purchase my bath ingredients from Mountain Rose Herbs.)
Do YOU enjoy a similar pampering? What are your favorite ingredients?
This post is part of Works for Me Wednesday.