As I mentioned earlier, I have begun putting together an OpenSky shop to make available to you items that our family uses everyday. Today is the Grand Opening! In celebration, we’re offering free shipping! Use code FREESHIPPING on any OpenSky purchase (good through August 16th).
Want to come browse the shop with me? Here are our family’s favorites:
- Cast Iron Pans – We use a cast iron pan for every hot meal. It stays on the stovetop for easy access, and love that it is healthy, safe, and quality cookware!
- Canning Basics Set– During a typical harvest season (summer through fall), my big canner and tools get constant use! If you’re thinking of getting started in canning, make sure to stock up on the essentials to stay safe around all that hot water and keep food preservation sanitary.
- Wooden Alphabet Magnets– As I described in my Simple Homemaking schedule, I typically oversee homeschooling while I am doing some prep work in the kitchen. Both of our little ones love these $10 Melissa & Doug alphabet magnets on the refrigerator! (Gen spelled out “Mom” a few weeks ago with them, too… ahh….) I also like that it has both upper and lower case letters.
- Lavender Liquid Castile Soap– We don’t buy a variety of cosmetics and hygiene products, but castile soap is an essential for all our homemade recipes (such as shampoo and sap removal). Lavender is our favorite scent, but we also like peppermint. The “squirty tops” on the bottles make them perfect for reuse, too, with our homemade solutions!
- Red Worms! – Yes, these little guys (all 1000+) of them have become part of our family over the past couple years, and we have enjoyed incorporating vermicomposting into our homeschooling. They munch all of our composted food scraps, and make wonderful fertilizer (“compost tea”) for our garden. We’ve even had enough to share with family, too!
I’ll be adding more items to my OpenSky shop soon, so let me know if there’s anything you’re looking for. (And remember their “Free Returns” policy: Any product, any reason, anytime.)