Knowing they were stuck inside, and not feeling well as they recovered from surgeries, we wanted to bless them (and help their mama out!) by giving them a few new things to do.
The Gift Bag Contents:
- I mixed up a batch of our natural orange-scented homemade playdough (using conventional “gluten” all-purpose flour). It’s stored in a repurposed mason jar, with a homemade label.
- A small children’s book from the thrift store (a gender-neutral topic; fun trivia & photos of dogs).
- A couple organic fruit lollipops. (I had purchased a small bag as treats for our road trip last month, and had some leftover.)
- For Her: I printed off a couple free vintage Betsy McCall paper doll sets. (Perhaps Mama might enjoy these as well?)
- For Him: A few plastic dinosaur toys from the thrift store. I repurposed an old office supply package, and re-labeled it “Roar”, inspired by Emily’s Dino Valentines. (I figured this little boy wouldn’t be “roaring” for awhile, and would need some little friends to “roar” for him.)
- A small hand-written card decorated with stickers (who doesn’t love mail?)
- A mini bouquet of fresh-picked daffodils for Mama, stored in a repurposed spice jar, as a vase.
It was just a collection of simple things, as we just simply wanted to extend our friendship.