I’m looking forward to some quality time with family & friends in the coming week. I’ve been filling vases with the gloriously-fragrant blossoms of the Mock Orange tree in front of our home, eyeing the budding blackberries (not yet ripe), munching on fresh lettuce, spinach, and radishes from the flourishing garden, and washing many, many loads of fluffy white towels for guests.
- New Uses for Ice Cube Trays @ Home Made Simple… I love #5 on the photo slideshow; my children would love to have lunch like this!
- The Nature of a Child vs the Sin Nature @ Do Justice, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly with God… Some good scriptural thoughts when evaluating parenting books. (HT: Megan @ Sorta Crunchy)
- Date Your Husband? Let Me Start the Conversation for You. @ the Idea Room… Some good conversation-starter ideas!
- Breakfast in the Park @ The Mother Huddle… A fun idea for avoiding hot & crabby summer afternoons.
- The Lure & Myth of the Big House @ A Soft Place to Land… Absolutely true.
- Levi Extensions @ Simple Simon & Company… A bit of lovely eyelet lets her keep wearing those pants a little longer!
- The Help… Everyone’s been talking about it, so I thought I’d check it out. I was pleasantly surprised; laughed, cried, & cheered, and couldn’t put it down.
- Old Town in the Green Groves: Laura Ingalls Wilder’s Lost Little House Years… A quick, interesting read.
Stitching in Circles… Such sweet style.
I hope you have a lovely weekend!