The potatoes, squash, and apples are harvested, and the beans and corn are in the freezer now. I’m planning on spending the day with a dear friend (after a year in separate countries!), and exploring some of our old favorite spots in town. Meanwhile, here are some of my favorite reads of the week:
- The Ultimate Comfort Food: Old-Fashioned Custard @ Living Tastefully… This was delicious, enjoyed warm from the oven, in front of a cozy fire on a rainy evening.
- Are You Wearing Bungee Cords? @ Simple Mom… “God has us where we are to be fully there, all of us in every way.”
- 5 Things Better Than an Obedient Child @ Burning Bushes…There is hope.
- Pour On the Awesome Sauce in Your Relationship @ The Daily Love… A fabulous marriage tip!
- Book Week: Reading Spots @ Modern Parents Messy Kids… Lots of fun inspiration for creating “book nooks” in your home. (I like the tiny spaces best, actually.)
- Simple Ways to Make Your Own Art Supplies @ Offbeat Mama… I really want to try the homemade beeswax crayons! (Scroll to the bottom of the post for that.)
- Jamie at Home: Cook Your Way to the Good Life… Wonderful gardening tips and creative recipes; I’m browsing the ideas for a fall/winter garden in our greenhouse.
Red Onion Woodworks… These natural cutting boards/serving trays are such a neat idea!
I hope you have a lovely weekend!