We’ve been staying cozy inside, out of the regular downpours, serving lots of pumpkin spice lattes to our guests, munching on Thanksgiving leftovers, and getting started on homemade Christmas gifts. Here are some of my favorite links of the week:
- Coconut Chai Muffins @ Mexican Wildflower… I love chai!
- Thanksgiving is a Place @ Pearls and Grace… Yes.
- Why I Don’t Give My Toddler Coloring Books @ Toddler Times… My children rarely want them anyway; they prefer a blank piece of paper to “do my own picture!”
- What Homesteading Really Looks Like Right Now in the Survival Phase @ Nourishing Days… So true.
- Simple Spruce-Ups: DIY Dispensers from Glass Bottles @ The Red Chair Blog… I used an old green glass olive oil bottle, and it only took me a few seconds to implement! Much more lovely than an old plastic bottle, and perfect for refilling with dish liquid purchased in bulk.
- Make a Thanksgiving Walnut Candle @ The Magic Onions… I love the assortment of walnuts, acorns, & seedpods for a quick seasonal craft! (I’m thinking they’d be a bit flammable, though, so put them on a fire-safe dish and keep an eye on it.)
- Birthing a Better Way: 12 Secrets for Natural Childbirth… Inspiring birth stories, plus good informational articles (such as why we avoid ultrasounds).
- Food to Live By… We loved the Triple Ginger Ice Cream on top of our Thanksgiving pies, and the chocolate cake is on the docket for next week’s birthday party (my little girl is turning 5!). Oh, besides desserts, there are some lovely seasonal meals in there, too.
- Little Britches: Man of the Family… We were listening to the audio CDs in the kitchen during the days of Thanksgiving baking.
Emmi Lee Designs… The baby tunics are gorgeous!
I hope you have a lovely weekend!