I have a delightful giveaway post coming for you tomorrow, so I’m putting up my weekend post a day early. We’re in the midst of Christmas gift-making here, looking forward to the children’s Christmas play at church on Sunday, planning on some caroling & hot cocoa with our AWANA kids next week, and celebrating my birthday on Thursday. (Remember to check back tomorrow to enter the giveaway!) Here are some of my favorite links of the week:
- Gluten-Free, Low Sugar Christmas Cookies @ Cooking Traditional Foods… A healthier update on a classic!
- Did Someone Say Advent? @ The Finer Things in Life… Feeling like you’ve missed it? Don’t worry; “He still comes!”
- Hopscotch Play Mat (and other Felt Games) @ The Idea Room… These look like some fabulous indoor fun (and gifts!) for when it’s too blustery to go outside.
- How Getting Rid of Our Stuff is Bringing Peace to Our Home @ Raising Homemakers… So true.
- Hanging Book Display Tutorial @ Penny Carnival… This looks like a nice space-saving option for our children’s “quiet corner,” one of the items on my project list for the coming year.
- Twig Push Pins @ Design*Sponge… A fun & frugal project! I love that natural/rustic “twig” type of decor.
- God With Us: Rediscovering the Meaning of Christmas… My husband & I have been enjoying this book during Advent.
- The Write Start: A Guide to Nurturing Writing at Every Stage, from Scribbling to Forming Letters and Writing Stories … Some fun activities for pre-writers and older students.
- Growing Up Sew Liberated: Making Handmade Clothes and Projects for Your Creative Child … Creative ideas for daily life.
Appetite Home… Lots of lovely modern-print linens & home decor.
I hope you have a lovely weekend!