This week has been full of sewing & woodworking projects in our home, as we have worked on making Christmas gifts. I’ll be finishing up some baking today for our Christmas meals. I hope you’re having a restful Christmas Eve! Here are some of my favorite links of the week:
- Pumpkin Pie in the Pumpkin @ Babble’s Family Kitchen… I’m thinking of trying this with one of Grandma’s pumpkins from her garden for Christmas dinner.
- Are You As Tired As I Am? @ (in)courage… Such good reminders.
- Seven Ways to Inspire Your Kids @ Steady Mom… Perfect!
- All I Wanted Was a Doughnut @ Confessions of a Pioneer Woman… Just for giggles; oh, I’m so glad that wasn’t me!
- Plaited Rag Rug Tutorial @ Cuada Handmade Design… I’ve always wanted to make one of these!
- Making Binding/Bias Tape from Scraps: A Tutorial @ Simple Simon & Co… A fun use for fabric scraps.
- What Women Fear: Walking in Faith That Transforms… Such inspiring words.
- Grace For the Good Girl: Letting Go of the Try-Hard Life… So good; so full of truth.
- The Twenty-Four Days Before Christmas… A sweet story; and even includes a homebirth!
- Vintage Notions: An Inspirational Guide to Needlework, Cooking, Sewing, Fashion, & Fun… I had fun browsing through this on a road trip, and giggling at some of the recipes & tips from the 1930’s. (And some of the pattern notes still look like good ideas!)
- The Breastfeeding Book: Everything You Need to Know About Nursing Your Child from Birth Through Weaning…A good “refresher” read before we enter this season of life again soon!
Natural Earth Farm & Fiber Studio… I love the wooden gift tags & walking blocks!
I hope you have a lovely weekend!