Our favorite summer snack or lunch addition lately has been a batch of grain–free crackers. They are perfect with a bit of cheese or a dip and veggies for a cool and quick meal at home or on the road.
makes 3-4 dozen
½ cup Almond Flour
1 Tbl. Coconut Flour
½ cup Cashews
½ cup Sunflower Seeds
1 Tbl. Flax Meal
½ tsp. Real Salt
1 Tbl. Spectrum Shortening (Butter or Coconut Oil might work; I haven’t tried it.)
1-2 Tbl. Water
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add Almond Flour, Cashews, Sunflower Seeds, Flax Meal, and Salt to a food processor, and blend for about one minute until finely ground.
- Add shortening and blend until combined.
- Gradually add water while blending until dough forms a ball.
- Press dough flat onto parchment paper on pan, and using a butter knife, cut the dough into 1-inch squares. (Do not move squares.)
- Bake at 300° for 20 to 25 minutes.
Adapted from Elana’s Pantry.