When I’ve spent the night up with a baby, and the rest of the day is speeding by with my to-do list, I have a few favorite energy-boosters that I turn to. I prefer to avoid caffeine; instead I’d rather nourish my body with something more beneficial.
(Of course, a nap/bit of rest is great, too…) But here are my other top choices:
- Natural Pick-Me-Up Tea (perhaps add in Ginseng if you like); hot or iced
- Smoothie with Spirulina and Coconut Milk or Coconut Water (I use homemade coconut milk.)
- A breath of fresh air: whether it is sunny or raining, a short walk (even just to the mailbox!) gets you moving and clears the mental clutter.
- Put on some music! My kids love to dance around the kitchen with me while I prepare dinner, and it really takes away that cranky, late afternoon mood.
- Munch on some Vegan Fudge Balls for a quick snack!